Protect warehouse racking from impact damage
Rack protection products will protect warehouse pallet racking from impact damage. Protecting racking is crucial to safe warehouse spaces. By protecting the racks effectively it can greatly reduce the risk of collapsing racks and increase protection to stock, assets and employees.
Having this kind of protection is needed especially where stock and products are being stored on pallet racking. Once installed, rack protection will reduce costly warehouse accidents. As warehouses reach full capacity more pallet rack protectors will be needed.
See our full Pittman® warehouse range for fast delivery on a wide range of warehouse racking and asset protection.
How to install pallet rack protection for warehouses?
Depending on the type of product install rack leg protectors at the bottom of exposed pallet racking or directly onto the racking itself.
Before installing rack protection you should carry out your own risk assessment of the area. To choose the right protectors consider -
- What kind of vehicles are passing through the area - depending on the types of vehicles in use in the area may determine what kind of protection you will install.
- How frequent the traffic moves through the area - check how often the vehicles are coming through the area. Busier areas may require heavier-duty designs.
- What you are trying to protect - consider how the racking is set up and where you are trying to protect it. Some rack guarding setups can deflect impact from certain sides or completely surround the racking bases to provide 360-degree protection. Also, take into account the value of the items on the racking and where they are situated in your warehouse.
Types of Racking Protection
Light-medium duty protection at 90 degree corners. Easily bolted down at racking ends.
Light-medium duty protection. Protect entire front of racking feet or ends. Protects against impact from front and sides. Better protection to the racking upright.
Medium duty protection. Corner protectors cover more ground around the racking and greatly reduce the risk of damage from work vehicles.
Medium-heavy duty protection. Installed across the front or sides of pallet racking installations. Prevents work vehicles from driving too close to racking.
Medium-heavy duty protection. Fully covers shelving endpoints and sides from work vehicles.
- Protect warehouse racking from damage - by surrounding the racking beams it can reduce the risk of serious damage from forklifts or other work vehicles. This will reduce the risk of racks collapsing after over time and minimise racking maintenance.
- Protect employees from harm - reducing the risk of damaged racking can in turn reduce the risk of employee injuries. Broken or damaged racking may seem fine at first glance, but bent or broken racks can cause injuries to employees if left unchecked.
- Reduce expensive repair costs - rack protection will reduce the risk of expensive repair costs to infrastructure, machinery and other assets. Replacing damaged racking is an expensive ordeal
- Reduce warehouse downtime - repairs may result in lost time as well as financial expenses. Protecting racking allows warehouses to operate at full capacity with peace of mind and fewer worries about slow production.