Anti-slip stair treads and nosing help to boost grip and stability on indoor or outdoor steps. They are specifically designed to provide a secure walking surface on stairs to reduce the risk of accidents. They are ideal for factory or warehouse stairs where they can boost employee foot grip in harsh settings. They are also suitable in areas that may be exposed to elements like water, oil, or chemicals.
Stairways are generally made from steel or concrete in industrial settings and can become very slippery when wet or dirty. Bolt-down stair treads or nosings can be installed on individual steps to instantly boost pedestrian grip and greatly reduce the risk of workplace accidents.
1. Enhanced Safety: Stair treads and nosing will provide instantly better grip and stability for pedestrians. The increase in traction ensures a better footing and reduces the risk of slips and falls.
2. Durability: Anti-slip products are generally made for frequent pedestrian traffic. While steel and plastic materials work quite well we highly recommend the GRP anti slip stair nosing. This glass reinforced plastic material provides the ultimate durability and long-lasting use.
3. Easy Installation and Maintenance: Most anti-slip stair treads and nosings are designed for easy installation. They can be quickly fixed to existing stairs. Most anti-slip strips can be installed via permanent fixing or adhesive.
4. Visibility: Highly visible nosing colours can boost the visibility of steps. This can further reduce the risk of trips and falls, providing safer workplaces.
5. Cost-effective: GRP treads and nosings are much more cost-effective when compared to paints and coatings. While coatings can wear down and may have to be re-applied over time GRP strips provide longer use at a much lower cost.
Glass reinforced plastic (GRP) is a composite material made from glass fibres. The tough design of the fibreglass makes it highly suited to long-term use where it can withstand frequent foot traffic. The material is resistant to oils and chemicals and is suited to industrial settings where it resists corrosion, chipping, colour-fading, and warping.
GRP decking treads provide exceptional slip resistance for everyday foot traffic. The fibreglass material can be moulded and textured to boost traction and reduce the risk of slips or falls. The tough 'grit' finish provides a much stronger grip compared to tapes or steel treads and nosings.
Additionally, GRP anti slip treads are lightweight and easy to install. If required the strips can be cut on site to fit particular steps widths. GRP strips can be installed directly onto steps with the help of standard adhesives like Tec7.